1. Which country's interest did the Open Door Policy in China favor?
The United States
2. What were the reasons behind the Boxer Rebellion?
The Chinese people were mad by the fact that foreigners were coming into their country taking over. They were mad and started the Boxer Rebellion which consisted of Boxers who wanted them out of their country.
3. List three causes of World War I?
Nationalism: a devotion to the interests and culture of one's nation
Imperialism: building empires
Militarism: the development of armed forces and their use as a tool to achieve goals
Formation of a System of Alliances: countries backing-up other countries, like a gang mentality; the Allies, consisted of France, Britain, and Russia; Central Powers consisted of German and Austria-Hungary
4. How did the U.S. deal with German U-boats?
The U.S. countered German U-boats attacks by having American ships sail in groups, guarded by military vessels.
5. What was the Selective Service Act used for?
The Selective Service Act was used to ensure the governments need for more fighting power.
6. What new weapons did WWI introduce?
The tank and airplane were the new weapons that were introduced in WWI.
7. How did the Espionage and Sedition Act affect Freedom of Speech and Labor Unions?
The Espionage and Sedition Act affected Freedom of Speech and Labor Unions because of the fact that a person could be fined up to $10,000 and sentenced to 20 years in jail for interfering with the war effort or for saying anything disloyal, profane, or abusive about the government or the war effort.
8. Why was there opposition to President Wilson's League of Nations?
There were oppositions to President Wilson's League o Nations because opponents to the League felt that the organization threatened the U.S. foreign policy of isolationism.